Personal Web Page Help
Before you can follow these directions, you first need to
send an e-mail to email@example.com
with your username and password so your account can be setup for your web
page services. Thank you!
1. Download a program called WS-FTP LE, which you
can get it off from our web site under the help desk section. ( The
program is a shareware program )
2. Once the program is downloaded run the program to install it onto
3. Then run the program and when it pops up a screen that says Session
Properties, click on NEW.
4. For the Profile Name type in My Home Page, for Host Name/Address put in
web.advnet.net ( this is only for personal web space not domains ) with
the periods in between, UserID and Password use your login name and
password that you use to log on to the internet with.
5. Once you are done click on OK and you will be connected.
6. Once you are connected, all you have to do is drag and drop your
web pages over from the left column into the right column and your all
set. The left column is the files on your computer and the right column is
the files on the server.
7. Your website address will be http://web.advnet.net/username/
Where the username is your username.
you have any further questions, please contact our office at (810)
984-3488 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org